Mental Wealth Services
As a therapist, I like to say that I murder trauma for a living and coach people into their dreams; most importantly I'm certain my clients agree. Finding the right therapist or coach can be tough. But it's not a relationship you want to settle on. The chemistry matters and it has to be right.
I specialize in trauma treatment (using EMDR), depression/anxiety, couples therapy (traditional/LGBT/poly), and life/career/business coaching. Maybe life has thrown more at you than you think you can handle or deserve; your usual coping strategies are failing; or you feel stuck in life and can't seem to figure out how to elevate yourself to your next and greates level. Using humor (yes, this work isn't always painful) and a collaborative approach, we can tackle these challenges together. My clients experience transformational healing, and I want the same for you.
Coaching services I offer include: (1) Identifying your purpose and mission in life; (2) Clarifying what makes you unique and irreplaceable; (3) Amplifying how your life is centered on your zone of brilliance; (4) Understanding the gap between where you are today and where you would like to be (relationships, career, decision-making, money, etc); and creating concrete and practical action to bring you into greater alignment in these areas of your life and maximize your sense of pride in self.
In my career, I've treated clients in private practice, outpatient/forensic settings, investigated child abuse/neglect, and have been the Chief Clinical Officer at the only stand alone psychiatric hospital in Washington, DC; leading treatment models.
If you're reading this, you have made the courageous decision to transition into the next best phase of your life. Don't wait another moment. Call for your free telephone consultation with me today.
Years in Practice: 7 Years
School: University of Maryland, Baltimore
Year Graduated: 2013
Licensed: Maryland (Licensed Certified Social Worker - Clinical); Washington, DC (Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker)
What I love most about this work is you. Your courage to bravely pursue growth and achieve it is inspirational.
Photos and videos
Frequently asked questions
What is your typical process for working with a new customer?
New clients participate in a 15 minute call to set up their client profile and ask any questions they may have before our first session. You'll then be able to use your phone/tablet/computer to create an account in the Client Portal and complete your new client forms. Once that's done, YOU'RE ALL SET and ready for your first session.
What education and/or training do you have that relates to your work?
Education: Master of Social Work from University of Maryland, Baltimore
- Motivational Interviewing
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Coaching Strategies
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
Do you have a standard pricing system for your services? If so, please share the details here.
- Psychiatric Diagnostic Evaluation – Initial Appt.$150
- Psychotherapy or Coaching Services (45 min): $120
- Couples Counseling Intake/Therapy (90 min) $200
- Couples Counseling (60 min) $150
How did you get started in this business?
It's pretty corny, but being a therapist was always a bit of a dream; though my first career goal as a child was to own my own business. Little did I know, both were possible. Connecting with people and seeing them, really seeing them for who they are, has been a gift that I've had since childhood. Becoming a clinician is something I was trained to do. But being a helper, a counselor, a healer - THAT I was born to do.
What types of customers have you worked with?
My customers have been people from all walks of life who are seeking support ranging from a listening ear to managing life challenges that are immeasurably difficult and sometimes shameful. While I'm skilled at working with clients who have more serious mental health diagnosis, many of my clients don't have diagnoses and are just trying to cope with the stresses of life and love.
Describe a recent event you are fond of.
I recently spoke at a women's business event with a group of ladies who are in the beginning stages of creating their businesses. Coaching new/experienced entrepreneurs through building and growing their businesses is a passion of mine. It gives me energy! But the excitement of seeing others' visions come to fruition is freaking awesome.
What advice would you give a customer looking to hire a pro in your area of expertise?
1. Your relationship with your therapist matters more than the modality (type) of therapy they use. This is researched and phenomenally true! You MUST actually like your therapist and have confidence in the work you're doing with them.
2. It may sound boring, but trauma therapists should be able to explain the neurological components of trauma to you in a way that you can understand.
3. Your therapist should be knowledgeable about psychotropic medications and their side effects if you take or plan to take them.
4. Lastly, YOU ARE THE EXPERT. Believe it or not, you are the pro and you decide who's the right therapist for you. If at anytime you are uncomfortable with your therapist, it's important that you address it and seek a solution to your concern.