I help people ages 3 to 103 with diverisfied issues and concerns. I have been in the service of others since 2010.
I continously obtain certifications to keep my knowledge and skills updated in order to be of better service for my clients.
I lived around the world for over 15 years helping others and expanding my knowledge about mankind.
I enjoy teaching and reseaching the brain and its neuropathways.
My creditals are listed on LinkedIn and Facebook.
I am Ms. King (BA Psychology/MA Human Relations) a Psych Counselor.
I work within the time frames which best suit each individual. Day time hours or evenings, as well as weekends. Many clients come see me in person one on one or by phone/internet facetime.
My standard fee: $40 - $50 per visit. (I do not accept insurances or personal checks).
· I offer guidance to individuals, couples, families and groups who are dealing with issues that affect their mental health and well-being. I strive to help you understand what your strong points as are and encourage your strengths. I teach/study/reseach Neuroscience (Classes about the Brain: since this is where all our thinking, thoughts, memories, emotions, feelings, reactions, behavior, and personality are located).
· I work with individuals, groups and communities to help improve mental health/and overall wellbeing.
· I continuously encourage my clients to discuss emotions and experiences.
· Together we examine/explore diversified topics: substance abuse, aging, bullying, anger management, careers, depression, relationships, LGBTQ issues, self-image, stress and suicide.
· I work with families.
· I help and support clients to define goals, plan action and gain insight.
· My main method I use to help clients: CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy).
· If need be, I refer clients to psychologists and other services.
· I am a great supporter of holistic (mind and body) approaches to mental health care.
There are no reviews yet
I speak with the client by phone and introduce myself. Give a little background about myself (Credentials) and my methods (depending on the client's needs).
There is paperwork they will take home and fill out after the first visit. I explain over the phone about HIPAA and other important information concerning their wellbeing and privacy.
I let them know the visits are usually around fifty minutes long. I let them choose which type of visit they would like to do: one on one in person, via phone, or via the internet.
I explain that usually the first visit will be them sharing with me, why they wish to visit with me. This is why I make the first call to just introduce myself and explain how things will work, so when we have our first visit ... it is focused on them and not on procedures.
If the first visit allows the time: we discuss goals and methods, which at that time seem best to establish. If the first visit required the entire time for the client to speak, we will establish goals and methods on the second visit.
I always have the client be prepared for the first visit and for all upcoming visits to have a 3-ring binder, college ruled paper, and tabs to seperate the months. Clients are to take notes the same as I do at each visit. I email out the psych worksheets and assignments monthly. Client prints them off and inserts the paperwork into their binder.
BA psychology 3.750 GPA
MA Human Relations 3.917 GPA
Over 30 psych Certifications and continuing to obtain certifications to keep my knowledge and skills as current as possible.