I describe myself as a ‘self and relationship based therapist.’ All the work I do is about developing the relationship w your Self. Also I created The Relationship Model of Addiction, a new paradigm for understanding addiction and recovery, including The Three Stages of Recovery: Stage I Breaking-up; Stage II Discovering and Developing the Relationship with Self; Stage III Creating Nourishing Relaionships (relationship training).
Couples and Family Therapy
Do you want to feel understood, valued, close and connected with your significant other?
Open and honest communication are essential for relationships to thrive. I’ll show you how to open those communication channels, address emotionally charged issues; and grow and deepens those relationships in the process.
Most couples and families seeking therapy answer affirmatively to the majority of the following questions:
Do you tend to avoid difficult feelings and conflicts at all costs?
Feel like you are going around and around like a broken record?
Are you co-existing in an atmosphere of tension and distance?
Have doubts about the future of the relationship?
Would you like to feel warmer and closer and more connected?
Relationship training with couples and families breathes new life into those relationships by:
· Creating a safe space for sharing openly and honestly about whatever is going on.
· Showing you how to create and preserve a safe space on your own.
· Honing in on the issues, feelings and conversations that have long been avoided and unresolved.
· Facilitatingexchangesin which you practice talking and listening to one another and feel closer and more connected in the process.
· Teaching you how to set boundaries or establish a demarcation point that distinguishes between, “two separate, autonomous Selves” (‘me’ and ‘you’), while also pointing out where you overlap – in the “sacred space of co-creation,” called 'us.’
· Disentangling “merged” relationships by differentiating between individual and ‘relationship’ issues; clarifying whose issues are whose and whose to deal with, and which issues belong in sacred space of co-creation, where you make plans, agreements, and problem-solve together.
If there is one thing a couple or family relationship must be able to do for their relationship to grow and deepen over time, it’s the ability to talk to each other about how they are feeling towards each other, as well as, in their relationship. If two people establish the standard of being honest and real with each other about anything and everything, chances are, the relationship will be a lasting and nourishing one. However, that’s much easier said than done; actually, it’s nothing short of a feat.
<<<Schedule an initial consultation today >>>
I love the the depth of intimacy that occurs when there is a strong therapeutic alliance, that transformation occurs in the context of this relationship, and is where and how I can have the greatest impact.
There are no reviews yet
Initial contact with someone seeking my services, have brief check-in to assess need and fit, agree on fee and proceed.