As a coach I help you take an honest look at where you are, envision what you really want-and support you in getting from here to there.
Often this involves looking inward in order to overcome personal or professional challenges, learning new strategies, and taking the risks necessary to grow beyond perceived limitations of self-or what's even possible.
My background combines years of coaching and organizational consulting, with a Masters degree in counseling psychology, graduate studies in Adult and Organizational Development-and teaching at the collegiate level.
I view Coaching as 'training for one' with three unique components:
· It is tailored to you and the unique challenges you face at whatever stage you may be in,
· It builds over time, so there's an opportunity to put learning into action while getting feedback and encouragement along the way,
· It's a safe, confidential space to explore the cognitive, emotional, and purpose driven aspects of life and work-which are often overlooked or not talked about.
I love the coaching work I do because I value personal transformation, a lively exchange of ideas, life-long-learning, and the pursuit of meaning.
As an ongoing student of Adult and Organizational Development, I enjoy coaching a variety of clients across "the lifespan"-ranging from:
- graduating college students transitioning into adulthood and exploring who they want to be in the world,
- to emerging or seasoned organizational leaders looking to be more effective, successful and satisfied in their work,
- to those climbing their "second mountain" who want to re-connect with a sense of passion, purpose, or spirituality in their lives…
If you'd like to learn more about what I offer here is a link to my website: www.strategicworks.net.
“Neill’s approach to coaching and leadership development combines an extensive background in psychology and organizational development with good old fashion street smarts and a refreshingly human presentation. I’d hire him again in a heartbeat.”
“Neill’s supportive, at times challenging, coaching style helped me gain insights into the personal and relational aspects of my leadership role that I’d been ignoring. Our coaching conversations were energizing, laced with humor, and honed in on strategies I could use immediately with my team, my colleagues – and even my boss.”
First we talk on phone to asseess is we are a good "fit"
Broadly speaking I then employ a G.R.O.W. model.
G: Formulate Goals and aspirations
R: Assess current Reality: Internal and external obstacles
O- Identify Options: Possibitlies, strengths and resources
W: Decide What you'll do; actions, accountability, adjustments
* Often with leaders/managers I will do a 360 degree assessment
Masters in counseling psychology
Graduate level training in Adult and Organizational Development
Certifications: Leadership Circle Profile, Conflict Coaching
I have a sliding scale, which varies according to whether services are paid by an organization, or by an individual "out of pocket."