I'm an experienced legal contract, real estate, and investment securities attorney. I graduated from Columbia Law School and I'm licensed in New York and New Jersey, US, and manage a network of attorneys around the world.
Our firm takes a holistic approach that determines the most efficient way to achieve your goals by connecting the legal, financial and tax implications of your decisions.
There are no reviews yet
First, please take a few minutes to complete this intake form.First, please take a few minutes to complete this intake form.
Second, select a mutually convenient time for a consultation by using this scheduler.
I am a Columbia Law School/London School of Economics-trained attorney with broad corporate practice. I'm drawn to technology-based solutions that create positive, practical and profitable outcomes for communities and investors.
Former Wall Street litigator that transitioned to transactional work with a Social Impact Venture Capital Fund. I love advising Small-and-Medium-Sized Enterprises while building a young family. I advise on Business Formation, Contract Drafting, Employment Agreements, Cross-Border Licensing, and Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A).
How it Works: Each project within an engagement is assigned a fixed-point total (e.g. summons = 3 points) based on value creation rather than hourly estimates.
Regardless of how much time is invested to complete each project, the point totals remain constant, thereby ensuring that clients get the full value of every dollar spent.
Point allocations are jointly defined at the start of every month, and are based on an agreed-upon scope. This allows for more efficient and accurate forecasting and planning. To estimate your investment, multiple the Value by the Multiple (e.g. $297). (E.g. MOU (3 points) x $297= $891. Pricing may change based on scope of work and is subject to change without notice. Affinity and non-profit pricing is applicable.
Scotch & Palm was founded by Silicon Valley investors and Wall Street attorneys who are deeply committed to social enterprise.
We are the only law practice in the United States focused exclusively on providing Concierge Law and Strategy across borders, industries.
Our attorneys have a decade of combined legal expertise in securities regulation, corporate transactions, cross-border investment, and dispute resolution.
Small business, Social Impact, and Entrepreneur-focused legal services are broken:
1. Transactional attorneys are paid for time spent revising agreements that may not sufficiently reflect the emerging business risks in an increasingly globalized world market. Then, when a dispute arises, it is up to the litigators or arbitrators.
2. Litigators are compensated for time spent figuring out what went wrong and providing viable paths to a resolution. Although this requires the Litigators to interpreting documents prepared by Transactional attorneys, these practitioners rarely educate each other.
3. Finally, assuming all goes well above, or there’s a resolution, it’s at a significant cost $$$. Who can afford to pay litigators versed in transactional law? NOT Small business. Certainly not a business dedicated to achieving positive social impact, paying fair wages, or doing well while doing good.
Scotch & Palm Private Client Law Group (S&P) attempts to fix some of what is wrong with legal services delivery by a model of practice called Concierge Law and Strategy(™).
S&P operates as an attorney-advisor and consultant, drawing upon a wide array of experiences, across borders and industries to inform and prepare clients for industry-wide challenges and opportunities ahead.
1. A Concierge Law practitioner works with leaders that have a compelling mission that aligns with our values.
2. Adding value by solving legal, financial, and tax needs unique to small businesses
3. Leveraging on-the-ground experience domestically and globally, as corporate attorneys, securities arbitrators and as complex contract litigators...
To fearlessly connect the dots for purpose-driven organizations with complex or global challenges
We are particularly effective at providing strategic intelligence for new ventures in the social innovation space and focused on serving clients /ventures forming between Philadelphia and NYC.
Tax, cross-border corporate counsel, and litigation.
Sanctions, Private equity, venture capital, contract negotiations, corporate governance, compliance, FCPA, CFIUS, joint ventures, start-ups, Chinese investment laws, Africa transactions, due diligence, term sheets, non-disclosure agreements.
✔ Lectured at global seminars (anti-corruption, anti-money laundering) for government officials
✔ Established wholly-foreign owned enterprises and joint ventures abroad
✔ Advised solar entrepreneurs on distributed solar projects
✔ Drafted founder equity documents and shareholder agreements
Counseled early stage technology companies in venture financings and exits, including the Silicon Valley-backed African startups.
Ask your pro: what is your mission? What are your unique core values?
Our Mission: Fearlessly connecting the dots…business law, venture capital and social policy for mission-driven leaders.
Our Unique Core Values:
• Squares Don’t Circle
• Punch with a Golden Fist
• Asymmetry or Death
When it comes to the law and your business, don’t just trust your gut. What is your goal, budget and timeline?
Legal advice from NY and NJ's top firms can help you make the right decisions as you start, operate and grow your business.
DO YOU NEED TO?
Choose a legal structure for your business (ex. LLC, S Corporation, etc.)?
Answer questions about a commercial lease or contract?
Protect your intellectual property?
Comply with human resource and employment laws?