Attorney Bill Fuhrman has more than 4 decades experience litigating and negotiating positive results for client with family law, business, contract, injury and criminal defense legal needs. He and his staff provide prompt and comprehensive responses to clients and assertively advance their clients' goals.
I most enjoy helping people by providing my clients with the way in which to set their objectives, explaining how to assemble the supporting evidence needed to attain them, explaining the applicable law and how the process works. I have done this for over 46 years without over-promising and without setting unrealistic expectations.
There are no reviews yet
1. Speak by telephone with client.
2. Follow with email confirmation of initial appointment - and attached proposed Legal Services Contract to review in advance.
3. Meet, review facts and client goals, obtain or ask for provision of salient documents and describe the steps ahead.
4. Begin work and maintain constant flow of information to and from client via email, and occasionally via telephone.
1. 1970: obtained BS in political science from American University in Washington, DC, with a minor in journalism.
2. 1973: obtained a Juris Doctorate of Law from the University of San Diego School of Law. During law school, clerked for El Cajon Municipal Court judges, Defenders, Inc. (indigent criminal defense) and the US Navy Contracts Division.
3. 1974-77: trial attorney for Defenders, Inc.
4. Years thereafter: trial attorney litigating and negotiating criminal, business, family law, personal injury, landlord tenant, and general civil matters.
5. 1983: mediation training at University of San Diego - subsequently serving as mediator for a variety of cases.
The current billing range for our services is $380 per hour for my time, $320 per hour for my partner's time and $125 per hour for our legal assistant's time, all billed in tenths of an hour with an explanation of each billing entry. At the beginning, we require a deposit/retainer which typically ranges between $3,000 to $5,000, which is returned to the client at the conclusion of services if the client has paid all billing.