Our services are personalized for each Client's situation. We always try for accurate and efficent with every Client. We specialize in personal Tax returns, rental properties, US nonresident Tax returns, expat Tax returns, as well as foreign income, alternative investments, and business Tax returns.
We also provide accounting and bookkeeping for small bussinesses, and fee-only financial advising.
Our services are available virtually and/or in person.
Call: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm everyday (May-December) or 8:00 am - 10:00 pm (Jan-April).
I have been in the Tax, accounting, and financial areas for 15+ years. I am happy to be able to save people more money from their Tax returms, doing accounting for small and growing businesses, and/or engaging in financial planning to help them save and invest to reach their goals. It has always been a rewarding experience when my Clients are happy with my service and able to see what their money is and can become.
You can visit our Website at: FairWindsTaxandFinancial.com
I cannot begin to explain the positive experience I had with Fair Winds Tax And Financial! I worked with Joshua and he was great! For the last couple of years I worked with an experienced accountant who was close to home. He knew all about my small business which made it easy each year to hand him the needed docs and walk away awaiting completion and the bill. However, this year, having different financial needs, I had to search for services that were less expensive. And, here is how I found Joshua. Joshua was thorough, professional, and timely; yet thoughtful, caring, and sincere. More than I could have ever expected from a tax preparer! Thus, he is much more than that to my family and me than that. Whether you are in the market for a new financial services company, I highly suggest just talking to Fair Winds to see what they can do for you! I can guarantee you won't be sorry you did! Thank you for everything, Joshua!
- normally by phone/chatting - ask for details about the Client and relative financial situations in order to better provide the right service(s); also during this time, if the Client asks for a specfic quote for a particular service, then we will give our best estimate.
- may take several emails/phone calls/texting/chatting, virtual meetings, office meetings (up to 2 times, generally) to clarify details and scenarios.
I have been in tax, accounting, and financial areas for 15+ years. I have been working with small CPA firms in Ohio, as well as a natioanl Tax firm, and a national financial advising firm. I also worked as a contractor for small companies and a not-for-profit college. In addition, I have to take at least 79 Continuing Educational Credits every year for my CPA, EA, and CFP® credentials. All to better serve my Clients in their unique situations.
Tax returns start at $150 (Federal Only) and go up based on the complexity of your life.
Accounting/bookkeeping starts at $90/hour and goes down as the number of additional services is added.
Financial Advising starts at $180 per hour for a 1-time service, with subscriptions available at reduced prices per month (annual subscriptions only).
I actually grew up in my father's Tax and Financial firm in Michigan. Since I graduated with a chemical engineering degree from Michigan State Universtity and started working on equipment in a chemical company, I found that I was missing regular human contact. When I started for H&R Block here in Columbus, OH, as a Tax preparer, I had found my calling helping people to improve their financial situations. So I worked for several Tax, financial, and/or accounting-based companies before I started my own firm in 2009.
- How much does the pro care for the client and is excited to help achieve the Client's goals?
- Experience is important
- Tax return preparation ... you may need to hire a CPA or an EA, or both because they have to work hard to pass difficult exams and attain certain years of experience, never mind all of the continuing education needed to stay current with the ever-changing Tax laws.
- Can the pro handle the services I need?
- Is the pro willing to communicate my way?
- Can the pro finish by the due date I asked for?
- Can the pro explain if I want a clear understanding of what was done for me?