17 years in business
About this pro
“Having grown up the son of two teachers, I am passionate about helping people learn reliable financial strategies. I am dedicated to helping clients realize their retirement dreams.”
Rich is a veteran financial planner with more than 16 years’ experience helping families build wealth and move toward achieving their financial goals. In 2002 he started his financial planning practice in Maplewood, Minnesota, working with a large national brokerage firm.
Rich’s financial planning experience is informed by a childhood on an Illinois farm and a 15-year career educating and communicating with companies and business owners. He works to bring the best financial planning strategies to bear on the challenges facing families in the retirement red zone – the five years prior to and the 10 years after retirement.
Some of the areas that make Rich Dunn and Dunncreek Advisors different from other financial professionals are:
- Rich is ALWAYS an advocate for his clients -- a Fiduciary Advisor. His financial planning advice is always focused on the client’s best interest.
- Rich ONLY gets paid by his clients -- a Fee-Only Advisor -- which means he does NOT get compensation from investment product companies.
- Rich only uses time-tested wealth building strategies and comprehensive financial planning strategies to protect principal and reduce risk.
- Rich can work with clients to help them with a comprehensive financial plan or he can help them with asset management (many of his clients work with him on a combination of both services.)
- His fees can be charged by the hour, as a flat project rate or as a percentage of the assets under his care.
- He holds two esteemed financial services accreditations; the Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®) designation and the Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®)
Read more about this pro
St Paul, MN 55118
What is your typical process for working with a new customer?
Our initial meeting is a free hour to get to know each other.
- We will talk about the financial planning topics that bring you to a meeting today.
- We will talk about your financial goals and how things are going now.
- I will also answer your questions and concerns about the financial planning process.
- And I will explain my services and how I help families meet their financial goals.
- I will give you some ideas on how we might work together and what it would cost.
What education and/or training do you have that relates to your work?
To achieve the CFP®, Rich had to do accomplish the following:
- Develop a theoretical and practical financial planning knowledge by completing a comprehensive course of study covering six aspects of financial planning:
- The financial planning process,
- Tax planning,
- Retirement planning,
- Estate planning,
- Investment management and
- Pass a comprehensive 6-hour CFP® Certification Examination that tests ability to apply financial planning knowledge in an integrated format.
- Fulfill more than three years professional financial planning experience.
- Agree to continue to abide by a strict code of ethics.
- Agree to continue to maintain technical competence and fulfill ethical obligations by completing 30 hours of continuing education every two years.
The AIF® designation means that Rich:
- Has a thorough knowledge of best fiduciary practices and the ability to serve as a fiduciary on behalf of his clients.
- Completes ongoing AIFâ training programs which has taught Rich how to conduct business according to 21of the best fiduciary best practices for investment advisors.
Both of these designations mean that Rich is committed to his clients’ best interests and to making sure that they do the prudent thing at the right time to reach their financial goals.
Nearby Financial Advisors