HealthSource Chiropractic of Hermosa Beach is your local source for high quality chiropractic care for you and your family. If you have unexplained neck pain, joint pain, or back pain, we'll help you find the source of the problem and get you relief. We also offer non-invasive treatment of bulging discs, sciatica, arthritis, and other conditions. And we can develop a treatment plan just for you–combining chiropractic care, Progressive Rehab®, and overall wellness care to help you manage pain and get back to feeling like yourself.
HealthSource of Hermosa Beach is truly different in that we are developing a true wellness center. In addition to state-of-the-art, specific Chiropractic care, our other services include: Progressive Rehab, Rocktape, Mojo Feet custom foot orthotics and pre-fab shoe inserts, nutritional recommendations, non-surgical spinal decompression, HS branded supplements, pillows, back supports, etc.
We have found that a return to health generally needs a variety of approaches because most people lose their health for a number of reasons, rarely just one. Our approach is always: "What's best for the patient?"!
As a service to the community, we regularly will reach out and donate services for donations to needy groups.
Another aspect of how we are involved in the community is we regularly will do health related talks and screenings.
We have been in the South Bay since 1993 and truly look forward to becoming more of a fundamental part of the South Bay community.
1. Having the opportunity to change people's lives by helping relieve their pain (and other symptoms) and help them get back to being able to do what is most important to them, that the pain is interfering with.
2. Having patients embrace a healthier, more active, more natural lifestyle through our instruction, recommendations and care.
3. Taking care of individuals and families beyond their initial active care program, as they choose to stay on for wellness care. We are fortunate to work with some folks for years and years!
Dr. Matt is an excellent listener and a master practitioner. He has helped me tremendously in my recovery from a car accident a few years back. His treatments have been effective and his ongoing care has kept me from regressing into a state of constant neck and back pain. I cannot recommend him enough.
The initial visit is designed to find out if the person will be helped through chiropractic care. A consultation with the doctor discussing current concerns, as well as past and present health history; a thorough exam and any necessary Xrays are taken. A second visit is scheduled while we put together the best prescription of care to not only help the person address their complaint or symptom, but, equally as important, a plan to stabilize and strengthen the problematic area(s) is also created and discussed with the patient. Treatment is initiated generally on the second visit. In an emergency situation, treatment is given on the first visit.
Los Angeles College of Chiropractic - B.S. Biology 1989 - D.C. 1991, San Diego State University San Diego, CA - Athletic training.
International Upper Cervical, Chiropractic Assoc. (100+ Hours), X-Ray, Spinal Decompression, Nutrition, Pediatrics.
At HealthSource, we actively participate in 2-3 hours of training every week, as we relentlessly pursue the utmost in excellence in care!
Please call 310.798.3227 for details. We regularly have quarterly promotions for new patients who are not on a state or federally funded insurance program (like Medicare) who do not allow us to give a discount.
After studying athletic training at San Diego State University and realizing that was not my true calling, I was encouraged by a chiropractor I knew to consider chiropractic as a career. After interviewing a number of local DC's (Doctors of Chiropractic) who were all thrilled with what they did, I decided to enroll at Los Angeles College of Chiropractic, which I did in 1988. After graduating in 1991 and working for a few clinics in Southern California, I was approached by Dr. Tim Stackis who owned a practice he was looking to sell in Hermosa Beach, due to his desire to re-locate to the Mid West where he grew up. In November, 1994, I purchased Stackis Chiropractic, which became Costantino Family Chiropractic. In October 2006, I converted my practice to a franchise called HealthSource Chiropractic. We currently have over 250 clinics across the country, with 1 in Canada!
We have been blessed to have seen over 100,000 patient visits since 1994. We work with patients of all ages, from newborns to nonagenarians (there is a new word for you!) with the desire to adjust someone over a century old at some point!
Those who benefit are people with acute injuries (someone who has fallen or been in a car accident, for example), chronic conditions, perhaps even for years with no previous relief, sports injuries and performance, as well as those looking to stay well and age optimally!
We have had the opportunity to recently have a patient tell us that we changed her life! She was referred to us for chronic neck and back pain, but as it so commonly happens, we found out she had some other health issues that were not responding to the traditional medical approach.
One of which was the fact that in her early 40's she had never been able to get pregnant. After working with our office for a period of time, as well as a pilates instructor that we had referred her to, she was able to (much to her surprise) get pregnant naturally, and just gave birth to a very healthy boy!
Become educated about health and aging well and understand that it doesn't just happen without participating and having a plan!
Be open-minded to the fact that the symptom or pain that they are suffering from is just that, and not the entire issue. There is always an underlying cause of the pain that needs to be corrected, or it will continually progress and return, in one crisis episode after another!
The Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) should lead the patient and give them options to choose from to achieve their goals. The "just come back when you are hurting next time" is frankly, irresponsible advice that is not leading the patient to a life of health and wellness!
1. Does the DC provide a complimentary consultation, so the patient can meet with them to find out if they feel like it's a good fit, if necessary?
2. Does the DC perform a thorough evaluation prior to the initial treatment? Are their periodic progress exams to keep the chiropractor, the patient, and the insurance company (if applicable) all on board regarding the patient's status?
3. Does the DC and office TEAM exhibit a caring and knowledgable attitude? Our philosophy at HealthSource Chiropractic is to do "whatever is best for the patient". Do you get the sense that you are working with someone who truly has your best interest at heart?
4. Does the DC have a plan to keep patients well, to "keep small problems small? This is critically important!
5. Does the DC and TEAM regularly train to stay at the top of their field? At HS, we have organized weekly trainings, annual regional trainings, as well as an annual Supercamp/convention to truly provide the best experience in every aspect for the patient.
6. Is every patient adjusted/treated alike? How might 1 treatment plan differ from another?
7. What is the office's rate? What percentage of patients stay on for wellness care?